Last minute gift
Looking for a super-easy, super-quick last minute homemade gift recipe?
You can’t beat a pretty jar of aromatherapy bath salts! It only takes 5 minutes to whip these up, and costs less than £2 to make each jar – including all the packaging!
What you need
- 130ml clip-top Korken jar (IKEA – £2.50 for pack of 3)
- 130g Epsom salts (Westlab – £2.99 for 1kg from TK Maxx/Home Bargains)
- 1-2 tsp. carrier oil (e.g. sunflower; fractionated coconut oil; grapeseed; sweet almond)
- 6 drops lavender essential oil
- Dried lavender buds (optional)
What to do
- Measure out the Epsom salts into a mixing bowl.
- In a small beaker or mixing jar, measure out 1-2 tsp. carrier oil and mix in 6 drops of lavender essential oil.
- Pour the oils into the salts and stir well to combine.
- Stir in the dried lavender buds, if using.
- Spoon the salts into a clean jar.
- Securely close the lid and add a label.
How to use
Empty the whole jar into a hot bath and allow to dissolve for a couple of minutes before jumping in. Enjoy!
- Experiment with different essential oils, but do check they are bath-safe first. Avoid known skin irritants, e.g. cinnamon.
- Try including dried rose buds or other dried herbs for decoration.
- When gift-giving, always include a label or note detailing the ingredients and safety precautions.
For more homemade gift ideas:
Follow me on...
Share this on...