2016 Quiz of the Year
Well, 2016 has certainly been an eventful year, hasn’t it?
Just for fun, I’ve put together a 2016 Christmas Quiz — so crack open the Quality Street and get the family round the table…pens and paper at the ready!
And don’t worry – no knowledge of aromatherapy is required, so everyone can join in!
2016 QUIZ OF THE YEAR
- Who said “Brexit means Brexit“?
- This year, a new £5 note was introduced. But in what year was the £2 coin first introduced in the UK?
- What percentage of people voted to leave the EU in the June referendum?
- Which country won the Euro 2016 football championship?
- Can you name 5 celebrities who died in 2016? (1 point for each)
- On what date was the EU referendum?
- Where were the 2016 Olympics held?
- Which country won the most medals in the 2016 Olympics?
- Which country came 2nd in the 2016 Olympics?
- The UK is a member of the EU but does not use the Euro. Can you name 4 other countries that are members of the EU but don’t use the Euro? (1 point for each)
- What was chosen as Word of the Year by Oxford Dictionaries?
- What was chosen as Word of the Year by Collins Dictionaries?
- Which cult TV show celebrated its 50th anniversary this year?
- How many wives has Donald Trump had?
- How long was Tim Peake in space on his mission to the International Space Station?
- In September, it was announced that the Great British Bake-Off would be leaving the BBC. Can you name all 4 presenters/judges of the show? (1 point for each)
- This year, the prequel movie in the Harry Potter series was released. What is the title?
- On what TV show did Honey G appear?
- Who won the London Mayoral election this year?
- What is the name of the new Top Gear show on Amazon?
- Who was crowned the winner of the Great British Bake Off this year?
- Which outsider football club won the Premier League in May at 5,000/1?
- Which app was downloaded over 500 million times between July and September?
- Who is ‘Chewbacca Mom’?
- What was the best-selling CD of 2016 in the USA?
- Which chocolate bar controversially changed its shape this year?
- What was the most Googled search in the UK in 2016?
- What was the name of the destructive hurricane that caused over $10billion of damage in Sept/Oct?
- What had an increase of 42% in applications following the Brexit result?
- What did people dress up as, in a craze that started in America and swept across the world?
- Theresa May
- 52% (or 51.89% to be exact)
- Terry Wogan, David Bowie, Prince, Alan Rickman, Robert Vaughn, Leonard Cohen, Pete Burns, Gene Wilder, Caroline Aherne, Mohammad Ali, Victoria Wood, David Gest, Ronnie Corbett, Paul Daniels, Andrew Sachs
- 23 June
- Rio, Brazil
- USA (121 medals)
- Great Britain (67 medals)
- Choose from Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Hungary, Poland, Romania and Sweden
- Star Trek
- He is currently on his 3rd
- 6 months
- Mel Giedroyc, Sue Perkins, Paul Hollywood and Mary Berry
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
- The X Factor
- Sadiq Khan
- The Grand Tour
- Candice Brown
- Leicester City
- Pokémon GO
- She is the star of a video that went viral and has been viewed 164 million times, making it the most watched Facebook Live video of all time
- Mozart: The Complete Edition Boxset (yes, really)
- Euro 2016
- Hurricane Matthew
- People from Great Britain applying for Irish passports (compared to 2015)
- Killer clowns
Total score out of 40
…HOW DID YOU DO?
Follow me on...
Share this on...